Dia C. Forrester joined Joseph Rowe in 2023 in Grenada and chairs its Litigation Team. Ms. Forrester is a highly experienced practitioner at both the private and public bar.
Between 2019 to 2022, Ms. Forrester served as Grenada’s Attorney General acting as chief legal adviser to the Government on domestic, regional and international law and, as Solicitor General heading the litigation team of the Government. Additionally, Ms. Forrester was a Partner in private practice as a leading litigator and transactional lawyer in St. Kitts and Nevis.
She has extensive experience in corporate and project financing inclusive of debt and equity financing, mergers and acquisitions, corporate, joint venture and shareholder issues, claims involving financial institutions and banks, contractual disagreements, complex commercial, construction, insolvency and trusts litigation, constitutional law motions, judicial review, energy law with a focus on renewable energy inclusive of geothermal energy and, real estate development.
Ms. Forrester appears before the High Court and Court of Appeal in the Eastern Caribbean and served briefly as a High Court Judge in the jurisdiction. She has appeared before the Caribbean Court of Justice in its original jurisdiction in the First Advisory Opinion acting as advocate in response to a request for the interpretation of the Revised Treaty of Chaguaramas which treaty established the Caribbean Community in relation to the free movement of people within the community. She is open for engagements to the Privy Council and to serve as an Arbitrator.
Ms. Forrester is a former OECS Table Tennis Team Champion player for Grenada and is a World Anti-Doping trained Results Manager.
Ms. Forrester has previously served as:
• Chairperson of the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Commission, Government of Grenada
• Chairperson of the Grenada Authority for the Regulation of Financial Institutions
• Deputy Chairperson of the Procurement Board, Government of Grenada
• Member of the Internal Audit Committee, Government of Grenada
• Member of the Citizenship by Investment Appeals Board, Government of Grenada
• Council Member of the St. Kitts and Nevis Bar Association
• Council Member of the Grenada Bar Association
Grenada - 2008
St. Kitts and Nevis - 2013
Anguilla - 2013
GND Mobile: 1-473-417-3266
SKN Mobile: 1-869-760-1216